Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses a spray of microcrystals to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin.
Microdermabrasion in Details
Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive, skin resurfacing procedure that gently exfoliates or polishes away the top layer of dead skin cells, while stimulating collagen growth, to reveal healthy new skin that looks and feels smoother. Fine lines, blemishes, dull skin and sun spots can be improved, especially with regular treatments. Products such as moisturizers, creams and lotions are more easily absorbed and therefore more effective after microdermabrasion treatment. This is a painless, low-risk skin treatment that can be added to your beauty routine.
icrodermabrasion is a noninvasive, skin resurfacing procedure that gently exfoliates or polishes away the top layer of dead skin cells
When to Consider microdermabrasion:
- If you want to brighten your skin and have a healthy glow.
- If you have sun damage, acne scars, or fine lines.
- If your pores are clogged and you often have blackheads and/or whiteheads.
- If you want to maintain healthy, clear skin.
During the procedure
Our licensed skincare professional or plastic surgeon will provide thorough pretreatment instructions, answer any questions you may have, take a detailed medical history, and perform a physical exam to determine your fitness for treatment. They may ask you about the following:
- Open sores, wounds, or cuts on your face that can lead to infection.
- Medication that makes your skin sensitive such as Retin-A (tretinoin).
- Any skin conditions that may be exacerbated by microdermabrasion.
In advance of your procedure, your surgeon will ask you to:
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to promote better healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery.
After the procedure:
Our surgeon will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After treatment, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
- Normal symptoms you will experience.
- Potential signs of complication
You will notice a healthy glow for a few days following microdermabrasion, but the best results can be seen after repeated treatments. The number of treatments recommended for maximal results can range from five to twelve, spaced two to four weeks apart. Maintenance of results requires periodic repeat treatments after the initial regimen is completed.